IRONTON INTERNET AND TELEPHONE offers a program to help our low-income residential customers keep their telephone service. This program is called LIFELINE 135. It is a government assistance program. If you are a low-income RESIDENTIAL customer, you may qualify.
Lifeline 135 gives a monthly credit off your service. Customers have the following choices:
Voice/ Bundled Voice Service OR Internet Service
Here’s how to qualify for Lifeline 135, if you are in one of these programs:
- Supplement Security Income (SSI)
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) – (f/k/l/a Food Stamps)
- Veteran’s Pension or Survivor’s Pension Benefit
- Federal Public Housing Assistance
- Yearly household income is at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines
Here’s how to apply for Lifeline 135:
- apply online at CheckLifeline.org/lifeline OR
- apply through the mail by filling out the Lifeline Application found at CheckLifeline.org/lifeline
Please note that Lifeline 135 is non-transferrable to another person or household and only eligible consumers may enroll in the program. Lifeline 135 is limited to one discount per household.
For more information on this federal program, please visit the Universal Service Administrative Company (USAC) at https://www.lifelinesupport.org.